Tuesday, August 21, 2012


ANGIE STONE RELEASES NEW ALBUM
RICH GIRL SEPTEMBER 25th
First Single, “Do What U Gotta Do”
Continues To Climb The Charts
With Video In Rotation at VH1 Soul, Centric
Fairfax, VA (August 20, 2012) --- Soul singer/songwriter Angie Stone will release Rich Girl (SRR Records) on September 25th, her new album featuring the hit single “Do What U Gotta Do” which is already at #17 on the Urban AC charts and rising.  Rich Girl is a triumphant return to what Stone does best, writing deeply soulful and intimate songs then delivering them with a voice so powerful and pure that Ebony likens it to both “soul on the outside like a spiritual armor that protects or a warm embrace that invites.”  

“I wrote this album from a real place,” says Stone.  “It’s not about money, it’s about being rich in everything you do, in your spirit, your purpose and your giving to others. And because I was able to really write for, and in, my own voice this time, I could really sing these new songs with authenticity, something I haven’t been able to do in a long time.”   Both her fans and the media celebrated Stone’s revelation, driving the single, “Do What U Gotta Do,” to become a bonafide summer hit on Urban AC stations and a favorite on national radio programs The Michael Baisden Show and the Tom Joyner Morning Show.  Angie will perform live on Joyner’s show in late September, a few weeks after joining him for his annual Family Reunion mega-event in Orlando.  The accompanying video is in rotation at both VH1 Soul and Centric, and USA Today took note of it, saying "Stone encourages listeners to stand strong in the face of tough times on this single from her upcoming "Rich Girl."  Uptown magazine marveled, "It's not often that we come across genuine and talented artists in the music industry, unfortunately. But Angie Stone has never had to rely on gimmicks because she's a true artist, singer and songwriter."

“I spent a lot of time over the past few years working with other people, writing with them, working with producers,” Stone explains.  “And then one day I realized that while I was doing everything I could to help them succeed and watching them grow, I was losing pieces of myself in the process. I shaved a lot of my originality off when merging with so many other people. Fans weren’t getting Angie Stone.  They were getting Angie and so-and-so. I knew I had to get back to my own music and skills. It’s time for Angie to do Angie.”

Angie Stone will tour throughout the fall in major markets.  She will also promote Rich Girl on national television and radio shows as well as in national print and online media.

To view the video for “Do What U Gotta Do,” please go to: http://saguaroroadrhythm.com/

For further information, please go to www.angiestonemusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment