Wednesday, April 29, 2015


 
Kenny Chesney’s Two-Fisted No. 1 Party
 “American Kids” & “'Til It’s Gone” Feted for Topping Country Charts

Nashville, Tenn. (April 28, 2015) -- When you reach for songs that capture people’s lives, country fans respond. For Kenny Chesney, who took a year off to concentrate on making what became The Big Revival, he’s already seen the project yield the GRAMMY - and triple Academy of Country Music-nominated “American Kids” and the surging “’Til It’s Gone,” his 25th and 26th No. 1 hits.
 
“I’ve been blessed to know some of the very best songwriters there are,” Chesney says, “starting at Acuff Rose as a kid, I learned when you can give folks their lives, people will respond. It’s an honor to be able to give songs like ‘American Kids’ and ‘’Til It’s Gone’ to the fans – and to be able to call people like Rodney Clawson, Luke Laird, Shane McAnally, David Lee Murphy and Jimmy Yeary my friends.”
 
The Big Revival, Chesney’s 13th No. 1 Album debut, pushed country’s boundaries. Celebrating the way people live in the flyover, both songs capture the details, realities and especially the exuberance of the moments, memories and laughter that define being absolutely alive in America today.
 
“With two hooks, three rhythm scans and some of the most ingenious wordplay I’ve ever heard, ‘American Kids’ was a song that stopped me in my tracks,” Chesney says, “seven, eight, ten seconds in, I took my head phones off and said to Shane (McAnally), ‘I’m gonna cut it.’ Songs you can wrap your record around don’t come along very often. I’m glad this one came to me.”
 
Written by Rodney Clawson, Luke Laird and Shane McAnally, “American Kids” evokes the little pink houses and "born in the USA" of several generations, while embodying the swept-up-in-the-moment urgency and complete abandon of today’s teens and twenty-somethings.

“'Til It’s Gone” gave Clawson back-to-back No. 1s at the party. “'Til It's Gone” was written with Jimmy Yeary and David Lee Murphy. With the sweeping melody and a bridge that breaks down the ultimate invitation to live and love in full, the man The Los Angeles Times deemed “The People’s Superstar” ratifies the power of music to inspire.
 
“When Kenny Chesney cuts one of your songs, you know it’s going to get delivered,” Murphy told publishers, songwriters and industry insiders present to resounding applause.
 
 “I think it was David Lee who said to me,” Chesney responded, “‘Well, when you get back out there, what do you want to say to your audience?’ And this song is about living in the moment WITH someone, but if you back away... and look at it as all those people (in the audience), that’s exactly what I wanted to say. I knew when I heard the demo, the groove, the mood, the lyric that was it! I’m blessed they send me their demos.”
Chesney's BIG REVIVAL TOUR hits the Scottrade Center on Wednesday, May 6. For tickets, log on to www.livenation.com
 
# # #
 
Online at KennyChesney.com and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @kennychesney.              

No comments:

Post a Comment