Saturday, September 1, 2012

Brantley Gilbert keeps 'Kickin' It' all across BG Nation

 

by Scott Kiefer
When it comes to taking country music country wide, rocking arenas and headlining his own shows is what Brantley Gilbert has been doing since February this year, nearly non-stop. Beginning on Eric Church's sold out tour, and currently with Toby Keith, Gilbert will perform at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Saturday night.
"This summer has been absolutely amazing for me," Gilbert said. "We are glad to be back playing for the fans."
As a 27-year-old, Gilbert has achieved many accomplishments early in his career, which have led to a core fan following of his own.
Gilbert's fans have come from the beginning, because they have supported him as a songwriter, gaining noteriety from penning Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party," and "Dirt Road Anthem," both which went to number one. "Anthem" was also nominated for the Country Music Association's Song of the Year last November.
After being exposed to his music, fans have flocked to his shows and you can see them singing every word to nearly every song he performs, and not just his two number one singles, "Country Must be Country Wide" and "You Don't Know Her Like I Do."
His current single released nationally, "Kick It In the Sticks," has been a favorite of  Gilbert's loyal following for a couple of years.
"That song explains what music is all about, and what people are all about," Gilbert said. "The jocks, bikers, and everybody coming to 'sticks' to kick it is about an all-American good time. It shows that we can all exist together, but be respectful of each others no matter who they are. It also talks about what can happen to you if you're not."
Gilbert's songwriting is a therapy for him, in a way.
"I've had all of the experiences in life, like the ex-girlfriend, lost friends, and my own personal triumphs, and that's what I write about, as real life as I can possibly get."
Speaking of songwriting, during the spring tour with Church, the pair spent a lot of time writing together.
"We did a lot of writing," Gilbert said in an interview. "Now it will be a fight as to who gets the songs on their next record."
Gilbert was recently honored for having over 1,000,000 Facebook fans, and the fan base grows every day. Known as the "BG Nation," his fan club is one of the hottest growing as well.
"It's been amazing how well the fans have treated me," Gilbert said. "I am so very blessed for all that I have received. That doesn't mean I am taking anything for granted. I'm going to continue to work hard, and make music that means something to my friends...my fans are my friends, always. I love the connection that we have."
Gilbert will continue to tour with Toby Keith until he begins his own headline tour September 27, dubbed "Hell on Wheels."
"It's been a hell of a ride so far, we're just gonna keep on movin' brother," Gilbert said. "Come on along for the ride."
Who: Brantley Gilbert with Toby Keith
When: Saturday, September 1
Where: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
How: www.livenation.com
Tickets: $20-$110

No comments:

Post a Comment