Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus Meets With Troops at Fort Hood, Texas

New Album I'M AMERICAN Set for Release June 28

On Monday, Billy Ray Cyrus met with troops from the 2nd battalion of the 8th Cavalry at Fort Hood, the largest active duty armored post in the U.S. Armed Services located outside of Killeen, Texas.


"No coincidences!" said Billy Ray Cyrus, speaking Monday from Fort Hood. "In 1989 I wrote a song about a Vietnam veteran. I recorded it in 1991 ... the day the ground war started in Desert Storm. Somehow it did not surprise me that I was in the middle of the largest operating military base in America the moment the news broke of Bin Laden's death. Seeing the sacrifice that our soldiers and their families have made for our FREEDOM, once again reminded me ... ALL GAVE SOME ... AND SOME GAVE ALL."      
On June 28, Billy Ray Cyrus will release his 12th album I'm American, which celebrates the 20th anniversary of his hit song "Some Gave All" with a newly recorded version featuring Jamey Johnson, Craig Morgan and Darryl Worley.  A supporter of the troops for the last two decades, Cyrus has performed at numerous overseas military bases, most recently in Afghanistan and Iraq.    The first single from I'm American, "Runway Lights," will be shipped to Country radio next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment